Coronavirus - Research
Covid-19 PRINCIPLE Study
A nationwide clinical trial aiming to find treatments for COVID-19 for older people in the community.
Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, which started within the last 14 days may be eligible to join the PRINCIPLE trial if they are over 65; or over 50 with an underlying health condition.
The PRINCIPLE Trial is entirely remote. You can participate from the comfort of your own home with no face to face visits required. The trial team and your own GP will be available for you to contact throughout.
NHS COVID-19 Vaccine Research Registry
The NHS COVID-19 Vaccine research registry will help people across the UK sign up for information on the new COVID-19 vaccine studies.
The registry has been developed as part of the UK Government’s Vaccine Taskforce, in partnership with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), NHS Digital, and the Northern Ireland, Scottish and Welsh Governments. It will help large numbers of people to be recruited into the studies over the coming months, potentially leading to effective vaccines being identified and made available to the UK public against coronavirus earlier.
The registry aims to recruit 500,000 volunteers by the end of 2020 and generate fast recruitment to vaccine studies. It will also create a ‘research ready’ population for future health research studies and enables researchers the opportunity to engage with those who want to be involved.
Key points for your users:
- Signing up is your choice, you can change your mind and withdraw at any time
- By signing up, you give permission for researchers to contact you about taking part in NIHR approved UK COVID-19 studies - you are not signing up to take part in those studies
- You will be asked for your name, date of birth, postcode, sex registered at birth, gender and ethnic grouping. There are also some questions around your health that will help identify if you are suitable for particular studies
- Information will only be shared with researchers working on UK COVID-19 vaccine studies, approved by the NIHR
INDEX - Coronavirus
- Oximetry at Home
- Covid-19 - Vaccination
- Coronavirus - Information Videos
- Medical Centre Updates
- Latest Information
- Face Coverings
- Local Information
- People at Higher Risk from Cornoavirus
- Prescription Ordering
- Mental Health Support
- Coronavirus - Free NHS Test
- What to do if you cannot work
- Coronavirus - Research