Coronavirus - Research
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19.
The trial is entirely remote and you can participate from the comfort of your own home with no face to face visits required.
The trial team and your own GP will be available for you to contact throughout.
You could be eligible to join if:
- You are aged 18 and over
- You have had a positive COVID-19 test result within the last 14 days
- And you have had COVID-19 like symptoms
NHS COVID-19 Vaccine Research Registry
The NHS COVID-19 Vaccine research registry will help people across the UK sign up for information on the new COVID-19 vaccine studies.
The registry has been developed as part of the UK Government’s Vaccine Taskforce, in partnership with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), NHS Digital, and the Northern Ireland, Scottish and Welsh Governments. It will help large numbers of people to be recruited into the studies over the coming months, potentially leading to effective vaccines being identified and made available to the UK public against coronavirus earlier.
The registry aims to recruit 500,000 volunteers by the end of 2020 and generate fast recruitment to vaccine studies. It will also create a ‘research ready’ population for future health research studies and enables researchers the opportunity to engage with those who want to be involved.
Key points for your users:
- Signing up is your choice, you can change your mind and withdraw at any time
- By signing up, you give permission for researchers to contact you about taking part in NIHR approved UK COVID-19 studies - you are not signing up to take part in those studies
- You will be asked for your name, date of birth, postcode, sex registered at birth, gender and ethnic grouping. There are also some questions around your health that will help identify if you are suitable for particular studies
- Information will only be shared with researchers working on UK COVID-19 vaccine studies, approved by the NIHR
INDEX - Coronavirus
- Covid-19 - Vaccination
- Recovery and Long Covid
- Oximetry at Home
- Coronavirus - Information Videos
- Medical Centre Updates
- Latest Information
- Face Coverings
- Local Information
- People at Higher Risk from Cornoavirus
- Prescription Ordering
- Mental Health Support
- Coronavirus - Free NHS Test
- What to do if you cannot work
- Coronavirus - Research
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.