Coronavirus - Free NHS Test
Get a free NHS test today to check if you have coronavirus
You can have a swab test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) now. You can choose to take the test:
- at a test site near you today and get your result tomorrow
- with a home test kit
Who can get a test
You can get a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with, if they have symptoms
- if you live in England and have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
- if your local council asks you to get a test
- if you’re taking part in a government pilot project
When to get a test
If you have coronavirus symptoms, you need to get a test done as soon as possible. You need to get the test done in the first 5 days of having symptoms.
Book a visit to a test site to have the test today. Or order a home test kit if you cannot get to a test site.
On days 1 to 4, you can get tested at a site or at home. If you’re ordering a home test kit on day 4, do so by 3pm.
On day 5, you need to go to a test site. It’s too late to order a home test kit.
INDEX - Coronavirus
- Oximetry at Home
- Covid-19 - Vaccination
- Coronavirus - Information Videos
- Medical Centre Updates
- Latest Information
- Face Coverings
- Local Information
- People at Higher Risk from Cornoavirus
- Prescription Ordering
- Mental Health Support
- Coronavirus - Free NHS Test
- What to do if you cannot work
- Coronavirus - Research