Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Latest Update (28/04/2020)
- 1. shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- 2. one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- 3. any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- 4. travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Important - These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
- PRACTICE OPENING TIMES: Our practice and telephones lines are open from 8.00am until 6.00pm as normal. However, we will be closing the front doors at 6.00pm during this health crisis to allow time for our staff to safely clean their working areas.
- VISITNG THE PRACTICE: We are requesting that where possible patients only attend the practice when they are invited for an appointment - please ensure you use the hand gel prior to entry and keep a respectful distance between yourself and others - please wear a scarf over your nose and mouth and come alone if you do not require assisance - this is minimise the risk of infection to you and to our staff. You should continue to attend appointments for ongoing treatment, unless you have been told not to.
- APPOINTMENTS: Please phone the practice on 01395 441212. Our trained staff will triage your current health status and offer you a telephone consultation with a doctor or a nurse if this is needed. The doctor or nurse will offer advice over the phone where possible or invite you to attend the surgery if appropraite. eConsult is an excellent option available through our website and you will recieve a reply from the practice by 6.30pm the following working day.
- PRESCRIPTIONS: If you require a prescription please use our online requesting service - if you do not have this service then please download the NHS app and set this up from your own home. Alternatively you can ask our staff set this up for you over the telephone (ID will be required for full access if not using the NHS App). All prescriptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice.
- BUDLEIGH CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT: Please visit their Facebook Page for support and help with shopping, medication collection and finance or if you would like to volunteer locally
- WEB VOLUNTEER HEROS: Please visit their Facebook Page for more information on volunteering for our community in Woodbury, Exmouth and Budleigh
Helpful Links for Advice and Support: All titles in blue are a link
- YOUNG DEVON WELLBEING TOOLKIT: Tips, Tricks and Techniques for maintaining positive mental health during lockdown and beyond. If you are struggling, and need to talk to someone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. For anyone already receiving support through our Wellbeing service, please email email@example.com or call 07935364652 and leave a message with your name and contact details.
- CORONOVIRUS - A Book for Children
- FIND OUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU'RE STRUGGLING BECAUSE OF CORONAVIRUS
- GUIDEANCE ON SOCIAL DISTANCING FOR EVERYONE IN THE UK
- HIGHEST CLINICAL RISK BACKGROUND AND FAQs FOR PATIENTS
- PAEDIATRIC ADVICE: Download the HANDi Paediatric app which gives up-to-date advice about common childhoold illnesses and how to treat them.
- DIGITAL ISOLATION NOTE FOR PATIENTS: You do not need to get a note from a GP. Use this service if you have been told to self-isolate because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer. This service is for people how either have symptoms of coronoavirus or live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus. If you are a shielding patient then your letter will be sufficient evidence for your employer.
- MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT: Advice and support to manage your mental health is available on NHS Mind Matters and NHS Wellbeing. If you are struggling and need more support you can self refer to the NHS Psychological Therapy Service
THANK YOU. We appreciate there are many changes to our usual service and thank you for your understanding and co-operation at this time.