Covid-19: Prescription Advice
Both GP practices and community pharmacies are under immense pressure as a consequence of the increased volume of prescriptions being requested.
In order to process repeat prescription requests in the most timely and efficient manner, the way you order your prescription may need to change; the following methods are strongly encouraged:
- Online Ordering. If you are already registered with the practice to use the online service, SystmOnline, you should order online, or via the SymtmOnline App.
- The NHS App. This app for smartphones can be used to order your medication. If you haven’t registered for the online service you can register for the NHS App from home using photo identification and a photo of your face. You can then use the app to order your medication. Click here help
When you are requesting your items:
Inappropriate ordering places a huge strain on practice resources and staff time, as well as having an adverse impact on community pharmacy and could lead to medicines shortages.
Therefore please DO NOT:
- Request repeat medications ahead of normal time (Your request will not be dealt with any earlier, you should order your prescription no more than 7 working days before you run out of medication).
- Request extra medication (National guidance from NHS England states that quantities of medication prescribed should be for no longer than is currently prescribed).
- Request New/Infrequently used medication (If you have had medicines in the past but have recovered sufficiently to have not needed them in the last six months then we will not issue without a full clinical review and then only if deemed necessary).
- Only order what you actually need
- Ensure that you have a Pharmacy nominated to dispense your prescriptions (Without a “Nominated Pharmacy” the practice cannot send an electronic prescription to a pharmacy to be dispensed).
INDEX - Coronavirus
- Oximetry at Home
- Covid-19 - Vaccination
- Coronavirus - Information Videos
- Medical Centre Updates
- Latest Information
- Face Coverings
- Local Information
- People at Higher Risk from Cornoavirus
- Prescription Ordering
- Mental Health Support
- Coronavirus - Free NHS Test
- What to do if you cannot work
- Coronavirus - Research