Fair Processing Notice
Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre uses personal and confidential information for a number of purposes. This Privacy Notice (also known as Fair Processing) provides a summary of the information that we hold, what we use it for and also who we will or may share information with. This Privacy Notice is part of our commitment to ensure that we process your personal data fairly and lawfully.
The practice recognises the importance of protecting personal and confidential information in all that we do, all we direct or commission, and takes care to meet its legal duties. The law determines how organisations can use the personal information that we collect. The key pieces of legislation that we must comply with are;
- Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA),
- Health & Social Care Act 2012 (HCA
- The common law duty of confidentiality
The practice collects personal confidential information about our service users to support care pathways. This information can include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and next of ki
- Appointment details, associated admission
- Correspondence, notes and report
- Investigations and test results
The practice uses this information for the following reasons:
- To help inform the decisions that we make about your car
- To ensure that your treatment is safe and effective, including any advice that may be provided as part of your car
- To help us work effectively with other organisations who may also be involved in your care
The practice may share this with other organisations, to support the following:
- To help us protect the health of the public in general
- To manage and plan our services for the future, including measure our performance to ensure that we remain effective
- To help our staff review the care that is provided, to ensure that it is of the highest standar
- To enable the continual improvement of the competency of staff and service providers
For more detailed information about your rights and our responsibilities, we have a number of information leaflets that have been produced, available in our waiting areas and reception, as well as further resources on our Website (insert web address here). Easy read format as well as information in other languages is available upon request.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.