Non NHS Services
Most of the services we offer are free under the NHS, however we are more than happy to accommodate non NHS work such as insurance forms, medicals, TWIMC letters etc.
As these services are not covered by the NHS a standard charge may be made in line with the British Medical Association recommendations. The fee will reflect both the doctor's time to carry out the service and the doctor's professional opinion and it may also include the cost of nursing or secretarial support, stationary and consumables.
Please email the practice with your request or post a letter in our post box detailing your requirement, including any forms, into the practice. Our staff will contact you BEFORE the work is done to confirm that your GP is able to do the work requested and inform you of the charge payable.
If you wish to proceed, we will usually commit to complete the work that you have requested within 28 days from date of payment. Should this not be possible, for example due to GP holidays or requests for a larger than normal piece of work, our staff will inform you when they contact you as above.
Certificates and Forms
- To Whom it May Concern Letter - from £20.00
- Private Sick Note / Letter to Employer - from £20.00
- Holiday Cancellation / Travel Insurance - from - £30.00
- Firearms - £85.00
- Taxi Medical / HGV - £85.00
If you wish to pay an invoice electronically then please contact the Secretarial Team for BACS details.
Please note, the practice is unable to countersign passports or driving licences.
Private Vaccinations for travel or occupation
- We are unable to offer private vaccines. Patients will need to contact a private travel clinic to have these administered.
Private blood and other tests
- The practice will establish the cost of the test(s) from the Laboratory, the patient informed and the fee paid in advance. A copy of the invoice will be given to the patient when the practice is charged: To be established
- Please note that consultations and subsequent tests with Specialist Consultants undertaken privately may not be eligible under the NHS. Charges applied for blood and other tests to the Practice will be passed on to patients.
- There is a fee chargeable for the clinician to perform the test of: £30.00
- We are unable to provide DNA testing.
Blue Badge and PIP Applications
We do not recommend patients requesting letters for support for either of these applications. As this is non-NHS work, the letter will attract a charge. However, you are able to get all the information you require yourself from your medical record, which is available to you online via the Patient Access app. To improve the chance of a successful application, you need to ensure you have filled the form out thoroughly, ensuring you are clearly detailing the difficulties and disabilities you have in your everyday life.
A doctor's letter will not add anything extra to your application as we can only produce a letter from your records. It makes sense for you to do this yourself at no expense to you. All you need to do is to print the problem list and consultations within your medical history and then ensure you reference these in your application. The assessors are looking at how your conditions are disabling you in your daily life. Therefore, it is the way you demonstrate your difficulties on your application that will help you.
Do GPs have to do non-NHS work for their patients?
With certain limited exceptions, for example a GP confirming that one of their patients is not fit for jury service, GPs do not have to carry out non-NHS work on behalf of their patients. Whilst GPs will always attempt to assist their patients with the completion of forms and letters, they are not required to do such non-NHS work
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.