EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO FEEL SAFE
“The staff in your practice are trained about domestic abuse and specialist workers are available to support you. Your practice is an ‘IRIS’ practice. You can talk to doctors, nurses and other staff working here if you are being hurt or controlled by your current or ex-partner, are afraid of someone at home or a member of your family or suffered historic abuse. You can also contact Splitz 0345 155 1074 and ask to speak to the IRIS worker, Georgina or ‘IRIS Advocate Educator’.”
Devon Helpdesk: Team available 9.30 am – 4:30 pm. TEL: 0345 1551074
If you are in an emergency or in crisis for help and support the following services are available
- Emergency Services at 999 Non-emergency 101
- Samaritans at 116 123 (samaritans.org.uk)
- Survivors Trust Helpline at 0808 801 0818 (thesurvivorstrust.org)
- 24 Hour Domestic Violence Helpline at 0808 2000 247 (womensaid.org.uk)
- Hub of Hope at hubofhope.co.uk
What is sexual violence?
- Sexual violence includes rape, sexual assault, and childhood sexual abuse
What is domestic abuse?
- PHYSICAL including being hit, kicked or attacked
- SEXUAL having to be sexual when you don’t want to
- EMOTIONAL being called names, put down, made to feel bad or threatened
- FINANCIAL when someone takes or controls your money
- ISOLATION when someone controls who you see and when you go out
What is coercive control?
- Coercive behaviour is an act or pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten victims.
- This might be stopping a partner socialising, controlling their social media accounts, surveillance through apps, dictating what they wear and regulating their everyday behaviour.
- This might leave someone feeling very isolated away from sources of support, and will often deprive them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape.
- Coercive or controlling behaviour is now a crime.
- Online Consultation
- A-Z Health Conditions
- A-Z Health & Care Video Library
- Blood and Organ Donation
- Contraception & Sexual Health
- Menopause & HRT
- Pinpoint Community Directory
- Teens and Young Adults
- Young Person's Questionnaire
- Crisis Cafe
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Abuse
- Drug and Alcohol Services
- Information for Carers
- Mental Health
- An Alternative to Pain Management - Sean's Story
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Back Pain
- Exercise and Movement
- Fast Track Referrals
- How to Age Well
- How to Live Well
- Self-Help Guides
Pinpoint Community Directory
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.